Monday, February 13, 2012

How much we know about Whitney?


Everyone knows that Whitney Houston is no longer with us. Unfortunately, not many people know who she was, at least, not many of my peers. 
I asked my friends if they knew that Whitney had passed on? They all answered yes and talked about the Grammy's. I asked my friends if they knew who she was? Any songs she sang? They could tell me that she was a singer. They couldn't tell me ONE song that she sang or anything else about her. Except a few who mentioned that they had heard that she died of a drug overdose.
I find it disappointing that such an amazing singer and a woman who was clearly loved may be remembered or thought of as a druggie or just "some singer."

The tribute to her at the Grammy's was beautiful. The ones who thought of the Grammy's all talked about how nice her tribute was and the stunning and emotional performance by Jennifer Hudson.
My hope is that Whitney will be remembered as the incredibly beautiful singer and woman that she was and not by the various rumours around her death.

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

0 comment luv:

Post a Comment